Skip to main content


Enrolling a New Student

Please follow the process below to enroll your student.

1. Enroll student online:

Begin Online Enrollment

On the home page, under the picture, click on  Enrolling in our Schools ; on the next page under Online Enrollment , click the highlighted “click here” link. At the bottom of the next page, click on “Enroll a Student.

Now you are at the first page of Internet Enrollment. This program will take about 20 minutes to complete. At the end, a page will appear stating that you have completed your enrollment. Please Print the report and bring this printout along with required documents (listed below) to Dana Hills High School.

Students are not enrolled until necessary documents are brought to the Registrar’s office. At that time, your paperwork will be confirmed, and you will meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss course placement.

2. Parents must provide the following items in order to enroll their child:

Verification of residency inside CUSD attendance area of parent, licensed foster parent, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian. For initial enrollment, parent or guardian must provide two documents from the list below (P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)

  • Utility bill (current electric, gas or water/sewer bill)
  • Current mortgage statement or rental agreement
  • Rental agreement
  • Property tax bill

If the above-described documents are not available, the parent/legal guardian may offer other documents as proof of residence. Examples of these documents are:

  • Bank statements
  • Moving company receipts
  • Service letter from a utility company verifying residency
  • An escrow statement followed by verification of closing documents is also acceptable

Proof of withdrawal from the previous school/district is required upon enrollment (secondary only)

Proof of Age is required:

  • Official or Certified Copy of the birth record
  • A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • A baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth
  • A Passport, or
  • When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student's parent/legal guardian may be accepted.

Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click here for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including TB skin testing, immunizations, and examinations. Note the new state immunization requirements for students entering Grade 7.

A health checkup (physical examination) is required for all children entering first grade, however, the District encourages parents to obtain the health exam prior to or during the child's kindergarten year. The health exam will qualify if it is done 6 months prior to kindergarten entry or 18 months prior to first grade entry.

Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.

Other Documents and Information:

  1. An academic transcript or report card from your previous school.
  2. (Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)
  3. For Special Education students: Current or most recent IEP and Assessments
  4. For GATE (gifted and talented) students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
  5. For EL (English Learners) Students: a copy of current CELDT scores, if available.

Withdrawal Slip w/ Transfer Grades

Please be sure to officially withdraw from previous school and bring us the withdrawal slip. The grades your child was receiving when he/she left should be written on the withdrawal report.


Immediately after enrollment, a Registration Packet may be provided to the student.  All required registration forms must be completed and turned in on the first date of attendance. 

All students must complete the registration forms every year. This includes current CUSD students who are automatically enrolled from the prior middle schools and Dana Hills students from the prior school year of attendance. These required forms includes the following:

  • Student Information Card/Emergency Card
  • Acknowlegement Card
  • Voluntary Drug Testing Program Form 
  • McKinney-Vento Assistance Act
  • Migrant Education Program (if applicable)



Susanna Lomeli

ext. 11013

Guided Tours

Guided tours are given by our PTSA once a month.  

Our next tour dates are as follows:


Please call or email Raylen Andersen in Guidance for more information. 

dolphin ambassadors