Every Wednesday from 3:00 - 5:00 in Room 702, come get support as you work through the college application process. Ms. Streza is available to answer questions and give direction as you navigate the Common Application, CSU and UC online applications, FAFSA, and SAT/ACT registration.
This is a free workshop available to all seniors.
Also a College and Career Counselor is available for all students in room 603 every Monday from 1pm to 3pm. Take advantage of this opportunity to get all your questions answered!
CSU (California State University) Application Window for fall 2017 Opens October 1!
Seniors planning to apply to one of the 23 California State University (CSU) campuses for fall 2017 admission may begin working on their applications through CSU Mentor starting October 1st. The window for application submission will be open from October 1, 2015 until November 30, 2015. CSU encourages students to apply early!
To apply to CSU students must:
DHHS High School CEEB Code 050-729
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your high school transcript from the student or parent portal to be used to self-report your classes and grades on your CSU application. https://abi.capousd.org/
- Complete CSU application and application fee for each CSU campus online at www.csumentor.org. Application window opens on October 1 and closes on November 30. Application fee is $55.00 per campus. Don’t delay; apply early!
- Contact College Board or ACT to have your SAT I or ACT test scores sent to the CSU campuses to which you've applied.
- Contact College Board/AP Central to have our AP scores sent to all CSU campuses to which you've applied.
- Take the required ELM (Entry Level Math) and EPT (English Placement Test) by the university posted deadline. For more information please log onto www.csumathsuccess.org or www.csuenglishsuccess.org.
- Send official transcripts ONLY when directed to do so. CSU will determine your grade point average based on the classes and grades you self-report during the application process. The CSU campus which you commit to attend will prompt you to send an official transcript upon graduation from high school.
- CSU does not require letters of recommendation or a college essay.
College Planning Grade 9/10
It may seem early to start thinking about getting your child ready for college, but it really isn't -- important groundwork should take place in ninth and tenth grade. Here's a list to help you make ...more
College Planning Grade 11
- Start with you: Make lists of your abilities, social/cultural preferences, and personal qualities. List things you may want to study and do in college.
- Learn about colleges. Look at their ...more
College Planning Grade 12
- Narrow your list of colleges to 5 to 10. Meet with a counselor about them and, if you've not yet done so, download college applications and financial aid forms. Plan to visit as many of ...more
UC (University of California) Window for fall 2017 opened August 1 for students to begin working on their applications. The application submission window opens November 1!
Seniors planning to apply to one of the 9 University of California (UC) campuses for fall 2017 admission should begin working on their applications now. Although students can begin to work on their application, the window for application submission will be open from November 1, 2016 through November 30, 2016.
To apply to UC students must:
DHHS CEEB Code 050-729
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your high school transcript from parent portal to be used to self-report your classes and grades on your UC application. https://abi.capousd.org/
- Complete the UC application, write your college essay, and pay your application fee online at www.universityofcalifornia.edu./apply. Complete one UC application for all campuses to which you are applying. Application fee is $70.00 per campus. Application window will be open from August 1 through November 30. You can start your application now, but cannot submit it unit Nov. 1.
- Contact College Board or ACT to have your SAT I, SAT II, or ACT test scores sent to all UC campuses to which you've applied.
- Contact College Board/AP Central to have your AP scores sent to all UC campuses to which you've applied.
- Send official transcripts ONLY when directed to do so. UC will determine your grade point average based on the classes and grades you self-report during the application process. The UC campus which you commit to attend will prompt you to send an official transcript upon graduation from high school.
- UC does require college essays. The prompts will be presented as part of the application.
- UC does not require letters of recommendation
Private/ Independent University Applications
To apply to private/independent University students must:
DHHS CEEB Code 050-729
- Note that application deadlines for private universities will vary by institution. Students must research and follow deadlines per institution.
- Complete application for specific private or out-of-state universities online by accessing the respective university website
- Complete application and supporting documents by specified deadlines, including campus specific scholarship deadlines
- Submit your OFFICIAL transcript by ordering is through Parchment via the DHHS website ~ Front page under drop down menu for section labeled, “I’m looking for”; select “transcript request.”
- Contact College Board or ACT to have your SAT, AP ,or ACT test scores sent to campuses to which you've applied.
Common Application – Be sure to check the Common Application network to see if the private/independent universities to which you are applying are members. If so, you only complete one application online at www.commonapp.org for all colleges to which you are applying. Please note that if you do use the common application, Academic Advisors prefer that you complete your applications online. Send the request or invitation to complete the secondary and mid-year report to us via Academic Advisors' email address. Failure to record the correct email address will result in your Academic Advisor not receiving the email invitation. Academic Advisors can be reached by email as follows:
- Kathi Kam (A-COH) email@example.com
- Ann Marie Casazza (COL -GOU) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonnie Borden (GRA- LEW) email@example.com
- Janis Lynch (LIC -PEL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Yim (PEN-SHOK) email@example.com
- Audra Lee (SHON-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to private/independent universities in California or out of state often require the submission of letters of recommendation, secondary school reports, and mid-year reports to be completed by Academic Advisors and teachers. If your child plans to apply to a private college/university and requires these documents, they will need to download the "Letter of Recommendation Request Packet/Policy.” This packet is REQUIRED!!!!
The completed packet must include:
- Cover letter (can be found within the packet)
- Student Profile
- A student resume - Sample in packet
- Counselor Evaluation Form and the Secondary School Report (if applicable – downloaded from university website or through invitation if using Common App, SEND.edu etc.)
- College Essay (if you were required to write one)
- Personal Letter of Recommendation (see instructions and sample in packet.)