- Proof of Residence
In compliance with the CUSD board policies, residency of a student shall be verified through two different documents:
- The first document must be a current rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- The second document must be a current gas, water, or electric bill. All other documents will not be accepted, no exceptions. If the utility document is not in the parent's/guardian's name, an additional form, "Proof of Residence," must be signed before enrollment can be completed.
- Immunization record
Students must meet all immunization requirements to be enrolled and attend classes. New students may be able to contact the prior school of attendance to obtain these records. Current CUSD students may request these records by clicking on the link below or contacting the Registrar's office.
- To find out more about CUSD immunization requirements: Immunization Requirements
- In addition, CUSD requires tuberculosis screening for entry into preschool or before the first school entry. Therefore, if the student is enrolling from OUTSIDE the U.S.A. for the first time, a TB skin test will be required. Proof of written evidences must be provided with a Mantoux (PPD) Skin Test . This test must be completed within the past eighteen months including results records in millimeters. If skin test results are positive, an x-ray date and statement that the child is free of communicable TB is required.
- Birth Certificate/Age of Admission
Students enrolling for the first time in a CUSD school must provide proof of age with a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, or immigration certificate.
- Clearance/Withdrawal form
Students entering after the start of the school year will need to provide a withdrawal form from the prior school. This form should have the student's prior class schedule and must include any withdrawal grades if applicable.
An official transcript is preferred at the time of enrollment; however, unofficial transcripts will be accepted. Please contact the student’s last school of attendance for this document.
Immediately after enrollment, a Registration Packet may be provided to the student. All required registration forms must be completed and turned in on the first date of attendance.
All students must complete the registration forms every year. This includes current CUSD students who are automatically enrolled from the prior middle schools and Dana Hills students from the prior school year of attendance. These required forms includes the following:
- Student Information Card/Emergency Card
- Student Ethnicity/Race
- Acknowlegement Card
- Voluntary Drug Testing Program Form
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Act
- Migrant Education Program (if applicable)